Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: But I don't want 11psi !!!!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member hypa's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2001
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    I just finished putting my hybrid combo motor together, and I'm seeing damn near 11psi throughout the powerband with it.

    The details of my setup are as follows.
    6psi jrsc GSR kit
    GSR head, kami header, Iceman CAI.
    b16 block
    Hondata 4b, with 450cc injectors
    Apexi WS exhaust, 2.25"

    The boost reads almost 11psi from 2000rpm to redline, which is nice for the dragstrip, but kills my chances of winning a wet autoX.
    [img]frown.gif[/img]

    Can someone confirm that this is somewhat normal with the CAI and smaller exhaust?

    Also, my idle seems to be bouncing from 800rpm to 1300rpm, then back to 800.....

    Any ideas are appreciated.
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member RacerXI's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2003
    Posts
    58
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do you have a cat?

    GS-R's have a 4.0" pulley and that should make right at 8psi.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 05, 2003 05:21 PM: Message edited by: RacerXI ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member newgsrdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2001
    Posts
    270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What cat are you using? It could possibly be clogged. Sounds like a major restriction to me rather than a boost issue.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member newgsrdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2001
    Posts
    270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As for the idle...have you checked for vacuum leaks?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member hypa's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2001
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    here's an interesting piece of info.....
    When I removed the Apexi exhaust, I went down by nearly 1.5psi (the cat is a catco high flow housing, but has no internals due to a blowout last year). When I removed the Iceman CAI, and ran the car off the TB, boost went down another 1 psi for a total of 9 psi. Using the smaller intake runners in the GSR head, and the smaller displacement, this makes sense. Hows that for answering my own (and maybe others?) question [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    At any rate, the car is running well, if not for the sporadic idle. I forgot that I had some CNC'ing done to my stock TB to give me more of a Spoon style taper. The problem is that I don't think it completely closes the butterfly, thus my hunting idle.

    I will be working with it more tomorrow, and hopefully the car will be ready for some wideband street tuning.

    more to come.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •